Here is a layout I made with a couple of challenges in mind. I used the sketch from the SOUS challenge blog this week. Over at Stampin' Sisters In Christ challenge blog, our challenge was to use something that would require a blueprint to complete, i.e. a house and in my case, a birdhouse :-)
Here is a view of the entire layout.
This flourish came from the Botanicals Cricut Lite cartridge.
I cut these scalloped circles in three sizes. These were from the Cindy Loo cartridge, but I know other cartridges have a scalloped circle that you can use.
I used the following cartridges to complete this layout:
- Botanicals - birdhouse, flourish and JOY lettering
- Cindy Loo - Scalloped circles for "flowers"
The Girls' Paperie Patterned Paper - Shabby Flower and Paisley
This paper is double sided so I only used two pieces of paper to get all four patterns :-)
- I cut ALL the Cricut elements in plain white cardstock.
- I chalk inked the flourish and JOY letters with dark brown chalk ink.
- I colored the birdhouse with my copics and then hit it with my dark brown chalk ink to give it a more aged look and to "knock back" the colors.
- I stamped the white scallops with a MS stamp and then inked the edges with Pastel Pink Chalk Ink. I then added a dew drop in the centers.
- I punched the Daisy border in white cardstock and then inked it in dark brown chalk ink.
- I punched the Flourish border in pink cardstock and then inked it slightly on the edges with my Chestnut Roan chalk ink to give it a bit of "shabbyness".