Saturday, May 21, 2011

TWINS B-DAY BLOG HOP


twins b hop button
Good morning crafter’s,


If you’re here for the TWINS BLOG HOP, then you have come from my Friend Christel’s Blog!

If you just happened upon us, then please head over to Giselle’s Blog and start your hop there!



Here is my project for today’s hop!
mothers day layout-500
angeled closeup of flowers2
angled closeup
The Yellow flowers started out as a light cream cardstock. I inked them with my Yellow Cadmium and Butterscotch Cat’s Eye Chalk Inks.

The Silver flowers started out as plain white flowers. I heat embossed them with some Silver Glitter embossing to match the paper. The leaves were colored in the center with my Copic Markers.

It doesn’t exactly look birthday “ish” but I want to give it to my mom. Her birthday is tomorrow and she is a MASTER GARDENER…at least in my eyes she is :-) So I want to put a picture of her with my Grandma by her greenhouse. I think it will be wonderful :-)



I created these flowers to kind of match the patterned paper from this delicious Die Cuts With A View Stack! You can’t see, but the paper has TONS of glitz and shimmer! Gorgeous paper, really!



MY BLOG CANDY
I will be giving away the flower cutting files set  for this layout to one lucky person.
In order to win: You must leave a comment on this post AND be a follower of this blog.  That’s it!  The cutting file set will feature The Yellow “Fan” flower, the Silver 6 petal flower and the little Yellow 5 point center flower along with the leaves.



Thank you so much for coming by! You’re next stop is: Gail of Paradise Scrapbooking




Here is the line up of the wonderful blogs participating. Be sure to head through each one!



Giselle- yuveriaseden.blogspot.com
Linette- moonscrapper.blogspot.com
Carri- doubleclickconnections.blogspot.com
Yolie- www.justyolie.com
Jani- papercompulsions.blogspot.com
Christel- onescrappingsista.blogspot.com
Melinda- papercraftingworld.blogspot.com
Gail- paradisescrapbooking.blogspot.com




Have a wonderfully crafty weekend!

Melin

22 comments:

  1. Just beautiful! Your Mom is going to love it! Your flowers turned out just stunning. TFS!
    jennyplace26gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it!! Say happy bday to your mom for me :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey change the link to christel I misspelled tghe link :( onescrappinsista.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow love your work. I will be coming back to look around your blog when I get done with your hop. I am a follower.
    djen4496@sbcglobal.net

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW this is a beutiful layout. I love the colors and the cutting files you used. I'm already a follower and love it. TFS!
    www.justwordz.ca
    kimbob27 at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW! That is one beautiful and I know your Mom will just love it. Give her my best regards for a Happy Birthday. Hugs, Fran

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful project! I know your mom will LOVE it!!
    TFS and I cant' wait to check out more of your blog...im a new follower and happy to do so :)
    jessica
    chick-n-scrap.blogspot.com
    eschfamily@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very Elegant!!
    Hummer Hugs,
    Misty
    http://deliteful-gifts.blogspot.com/
    hummingbird204 at comcast dot net

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is jaw dropping gorgeous!! how creative to create the flowers to match the paper stack!!! I have yet to use it! yellow is not my color but when I saw this stack, I just had to have it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the colors of your layout!

    ReplyDelete
  11. you do beautiful work. the colors are amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  12. So pretty, Melin. I love the way you drew your inspiration from the patterned paper. The inks and embossing powders are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Melin this is beautiful. I love all the shading.

    Smiles Sher
    ShersL84bed@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh Melin! This layout is absolutely jaw dropping gorgeous! I love the flowers and you used one of my favorite stacks! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Stunning! I really like the shinny paper you used in your last post, your flowers are so pretty! TFS ~ Xochitl, already a follower.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I think your page is just Beautiful! I love all the layering and the textures ect... Love it! I'm sure your mom will too!
    ~Kim
    follower
    http://crazyaboutscrapin.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your card is absolutely gorgeous. And if it fits who your mom is, and it is for her, then it is perfect. I like that you'll be adding the greenhouse pic.
    Happy to be a new follower of your adorable blog.
    Smilez,
    Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful flowers.
    http://digipage-blog.everything-digital-scrapbooking.com/

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love, love, love it! Amazingly beautiful. TFS!!!

    Christel
    http://onescrappinsista.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. a spetacular layout, and what a great gift, for a photo holder of mom and grandmother, so special

    ReplyDelete
  21. que preciosidad como me gustan los colores

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking a moment to comment. It is truly appreciated. Please be sure to head over to our
Facebook Page: PCW On Facebook
And Don't Forget To Stop By The Shop: PaperCraftingWorld.com
-Melin