Friday, December 2, 2011

Jen’s Birthday Blog Hop


Good morning Crafty Friends,
I am super honored to be a part of this wonderful hop celebrating a very talented crafter named Jen.  If you have arrived here from Anita’s blog then you are in the right place. If you just happened upon my post today, please feel free to start at the birthday girl’s blog HERE and join in the fun!!!


Here is the project I made today.
bear n cake card 600
I created this card using some beautiful designer paper from the Mary’s Garden collection at Quick Quotes.
bear closeup 500
Here is a close up shot showing the shimmer of the smooch accent ink I used on the cake frosting and on the rim of the plate. This wonderful accent ink is available from CuttersCreek.com AND they have a discount code available. Go to our SPONSORS page for the code and all the other discount codes too!
rose closeup 600
Here is a close up shot of the folded paper rose. 

Here is what I used to create this layout.
Bear N’ Cake Slice Digital Stamp from PCW (discount code below)
Mary’s Garden Designer Paper from Quick Quotes
Dew Drop and Smooch Ink for Flower Center and cake Available at CuttersCreek.com
Gingham Ribbon from May Arts
Green, Hot Pink and White Cardstock


If you’re interested in learning how I made the rose, I attempted my first video on my own. Please have mercy on me and excuse the quality, I am a serious novice and have no editing skills. But I think you will get the idea of how to do it. I have a couple of other videos including one my niece made where I am demonstrating this technique, but with ribbon.
Folded Paper Rose


So what would a blog hop be without some blog candy.

How about a gift certificate for some downloads from PaperCraftingWorld.com!
pcw 10 gvoucher-325j
Just be sure to leave a comment on this post AND be a follower of this blog.

Lastly as a reminder as part of the 25 days of Christmas Crafting that I am sponsoring, there is a code for 30% off any downloadable purchases at pcw. Just use code 25days at check out. You can see the other sponsor discounts and giveaways over at  CookingWithCricut.com.

Your next stop on the hop is Lori. Thank you so much for hopping by. Have a wonderful weekend!
Melin






10 comments:

  1. ¡Que hermosa Melin! You have a beautiful voice! Thanks for the tutorial! Hope to see more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh gosh girlie...you know how to make a girl feel special....My daughter was laughing at me because she thought I sounded "funny" I was trying real hard not to start talking in a "squeaky voice" I used to do that when I answered phones WAY BACK in the stone ages called the beginning of my work life...rofl! Definitely want to do more tuts...but have to learn the software :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card.... Love your video thank you so much for the tutorial.... I can't wait to make some of these.....

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOWOWOW!!!!! The video tutorial rocks! And the card is GORGEOUS! I'm a follower now!

    ReplyDelete
  5. what an adooooorable card.. the pink border is gorgeous ...:) lindaplusthree at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love it! I thought your paper rose was cloth! This is perfect! Great job!

    my-o-scrappin.blogspot.com
    smmyiow@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. what a wonderful project! Love the colors.

    TFS


    becky.mayhewlear AT gmail DOT com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have to say so far this is my favorite! Tfs!! Http://sweetsassydiva.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gosh this is such a fabby card i love the teddy with cake image, your flower is amazing and the colours are so bright and cherry. thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking a moment to comment. It is truly appreciated. Please be sure to head over to our
Facebook Page: PCW On Facebook
And Don't Forget To Stop By The Shop: PaperCraftingWorld.com
-Melin