Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Christmas In July Cards-FREE Cutting File


Good afternoon crafty friends,
Here are a couple of cards I made for the Christmas in July Showcase We are having on my CookingWithCricut.com blog. Be sure to head over there and check out the other wonderful stuff!

PLEASE NOTE: The Stamps I Used Will Be Gone By The End of THIS MONTH! So be sure to email me at (craft with stamps @ gmail.com) remove spaces, or you can head over to my link and snag them asap before they are gone!!!

First Up:
I Used The Art Philosophy Cartridge for this first card.
art phil card-500

GEDC0266
Here is a close up of the stamping. I used the Music Notes Background Stamp from the Universal Backgrounds Stamp Set. I stamped the red paper with cranberry ink to give it a soft, subtle, tone on tone look. I then used the “floral Flourish” Background Stamp from the Diverse Backgrounds Stamp set to stamp the scalloped frame in black. I had cut the frame out in plain parchment (cream) colored cardstock. I also cut the ornament out and used the Coordinating Stamp from the Art Philosophy Bundle to stamp the beautiful bird n’ flourish image with more Cranberry Ink. Lastly, I added a Bow with the Color Ready Seam Binding Ribbon and some flat back pearls.


For this second card, Melin used the FREE Ornament Cut file. I created this cut file in my Pazzles Inspiration Software and cut it out with my Pazzles Inspiration.
ornament svg card-500

stamping deco
The decorative part of the ornament was cut in the same parchment colored cardstock as the scalloped frame and base of the ornament. I then inked it with a sponge and my Cranberry Ink.
smooch
I then adhered it to the base and then took my Gold Lame smooch and colored in a few of the circles and the top.
put it together
I stamped the red paper with the sheet music stamp that is in the Universal Backgrounds set. I stamped it with Cranberry Ink as I wanted it to be a subtle background, a tone on tone look.
stamping close up
With this card you can see I also used the “vintagey Text” stamp from this same stamp set on the plain scalloped frame. I then finished it by adding some faux stitching around the parchment mat.

AGAIN, You can head over to my direct CTMH Link and go shopping now

Here is today’s FREE Files. Be sure to snag them a.s.a.p. as they will only be available for two days and then the will go to PCW for a very reasonable price.
ornament round ppr-500
CLICK HERE to go and grab it Smile
Available formats: AI, DXF, EPS, GSD, KNK, MTC, STUDIO, SCAL2, SVG and WPC.


For those of you who missed it, this weekend, we had a wonderful blog hop featuring projects our designers created to donate to the Crops Of Luv foundation. 
You can still head over and grab an additional freebie, do the hop and leave a comment to win some of our blog candy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking a moment to comment. It is truly appreciated. Please be sure to head over to our
Facebook Page: PCW On Facebook
And Don't Forget To Stop By The Shop: PaperCraftingWorld.com
-Melin