Saturday, December 1, 2012

Melin & Savannah Day 1

Welcome to Day 1 of the 25 Days of Christmas and Year ‘Round Crafting Showcase over at MyPaperCrafting.com (formerly cookingwithcricut.com). I am super excited to be sharing with you! So let’s get right to it.

First Up: My sweet niece Savannah who is new to paper crafting and 13 years old will be sharing my blog posts with me. So here we go….

25d-savannah
Ho Ho Ho Card
Cricut Cartridge Used: Christmas Cheer
savannah-ccheer-500
Savannah used the Christmas Cheer cartridge to create this precious card. She used some Liquid Pearls to outline her ornaments and to place little “ornaments” on her tree.

25d-melin
 VINTAGE CARD
PCW File Used: Vintage Graphic, Day 1 Freebie
day1 vintage card-500
View of card.

d1-vcar-cu3-500
Here is a close up of the bow. I used a cute “vintagey” button I had in my stash.

d1-vcard-cu2-500
This is a close up of the heat embossed sentiment. The sentiment is from the 

day1-12 vcard-cu1-500
This is a close up of the Spellbinders frame die I used. 
I inked it with some VersaMagic, Gold Dew Drops ink.

Here is a list of items I used to create this card.
DCWV The Christmas & Winter Stack
Spellbinders Frameabilities Classic Frame Die
Deckled Rectangles Large Nestabilities Die
Red, Black and Cream Cardstock
Gold Dew Drops Ink
Kaiser Krafts Champagne Pearls
Zing Gold Embossing Powder
Misc. Gold Ribbon
Misc. Button

Bear Holding Ornament Easel Card
 Next, I created this super cute Easel Card.
bear stng w ornmt front-500
This is a shot of the front of the card.
bear stng w ornmt-500
This is a shot of the card opened. It is an easel card.
Here is what I used to create this card.
PCW Bear w Ornament Digital Stamp
Copic Markers
Red, White and Peapod and Green Cardstock
Recollections Jolly Holiday Paper Stack (Ornament Paper)
CTMH Christmas Sentiment Stamp (Retired)
Maraschino Twine from the Twinery
Misc. Button
Misc. Ribbon
Brown Fine Tip Pen (Faux Stitching)
EK Mini Corner Punch
Foam Dots (Raised Bear digi and Sentiment)
Dry Decorator Chalks


Deck The Halls Layout
Lastly, I created this layout for today’s theme
deck the halls lo-500
Here is a view of the entire layout.

bear2-500
Close up of the sweet bear sitting and holding his ornament.
dth-lo-bearstd1
Close up of the darling bear standing up and holding her ornament
dth-lo-cu1-500
Close up trying to show that the red ornaments in this paper are pre-glittered.
dthlo-cu2-500
Close up trying to show that the green patterned paper is glittered.
dth-lo-cu3-500
Close up of the button with some Peapod Twine.
dth-lo-cu4-500
Close up of the layered Prima Flowers and the little dew drop in the center.

Products Used to create this layout
PCW Bears n’ Ornaments Cutting File Set
Recollections Patterned Paper
Glamour Bazzill Bling (Gold) Cardstock
White, Red, Peapod, Gold, Blue and Pink Cardstock
Tan, Cream Cardstock (Bear)
Gingham Ribbon
Misc. Button
Prima Flowers
Peapod Twine
MS Border Punch
EK Success Mini Corner Punch

Don’t forget, each day I will be sharing a FREE Cutting File, Digital Stamp as well as some vintage graphics. So you have to head over to MyPaperCrafting.com to grab the link. While there, be sure to follow the blog and leave a comment each day for a chance to win some nice prizes!

Thank you so much for stopping by and sharing some of your crafty time with us. I look forward to seeing you tomorrow!

Have a wonderfully crafty day!
-Melin

15 comments:

  1. Melin ~

    I tried to find and purchase the file you used on your layout: PCW Bears n’ Ornaments Cutting File Set and could not locate it. Can you help me or send me a direct link?

    AWESOME PROJECTS!!

    Judy
    lifesabeach32940@cfl.rr.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great cards. Hope you all have a great Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wowzer!!! I am really going to enjoy these 25 days! It's wonderful that your niece is joining you in your creative endeavors! Very cute card Savannah, and Melin...your vintage card is so elegant, and your bear card & layout are adorable...great colors!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great projects. i'm looking forward to the inspirations shared in this blog. Thanks for sharing, and for a great line up. i'm finding new friends and blogs to follow.

    marianneDOTwanhamATgmailDOTcom

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really love your bear easel card, he's just adorable! Thank you for sharing all of your other nice cards with us also.
    Merry Christmass!
    Hugs,

    ReplyDelete
  6. First off what a talented niece you have Melin! Her card is just adorable and I love that she is making projects too! Your cards and layout are just beautiful and cute! I am just loving the bears decking the halls-adorable! I also love the vintage card-vintage is just so beautiful and classy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really like the frame you have on the vintage card. Have had my eye on the deckled rectangles for some time now but I think I will have to have the frameabilities one too, lol. Very Pretty projects!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love all your projects. The vintage pic is perfect in the gorgeous frame. I love the layout and the card. Your little bears are so cute and your projects amazing. Thanks so much for all you do for the 25 Days of Christmas. God bless!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I wanted to say great job too Savannah. You are very creative and talented. Glad you could join us.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Amazing talent you have, and your niece is pretty amazing for her age too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a pretty card Savannah made!
    I love your beautiful creations, Melin, You do a great job on your bears! and I love the new files, especially the ornaments.
    Evelyn

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such amazing creativity! Thanks for always inspiring others.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking a moment to comment. It is truly appreciated. Please be sure to head over to our
Facebook Page: PCW On Facebook
And Don't Forget To Stop By The Shop: PaperCraftingWorld.com
-Melin