Thursday, October 10, 2013

BC Awareness Card

Hello crafty friends,
Thank you so much for stopping by. I have a card to share with you today. I made it in honor of breast cancer awareness month, this month.
dcwv primrose bc rose card-480
Here’s my card. I used some more of that yummy paper from the DCWV Primrose Stack collection. Just love it! I tried to follow along a sketch from the Shabby Tea Room Challenge Blog. See below. I used the BC Ribbon Roses digi from PCW.
I colored the image with my Copics (listed below) and then Inked the edges. I used my distressing tool from CTMH. Something I haven’t done in quite some time. But really enjoyed it. Once I was done. I distressing my edges, I inked them to give them that vintage look.


dcwv primrose bc side view-480
Here is a closer look at the image. Believe it or not, it was printed on plain white paper. I just gently inked into the image to make it look more vintage. Once I was done coloring (copic colors listed below) I used some stickles to outline the flowers. I used some more olive satin ribbon for the bow. You can get some of that yummy ribbon from May Arts. They have such a wide selection of pretty ribbons and trims…love it!


dcwv primrose card cu-480
Here is a closer look at the pretty butterflies. I layered the card with a lace doily that I inked as well. I didn’t like the stark white of the doily so I had to distress it to make it blend better with the look of the card. I cut the butterflies out of two different MS punches and then inked the edges. I adhered them in the centers only so that the wings would be free. I bent them up slightly to give them a little “movement”. I finished them off by adding some Bisque liquid Pearls to their centers.


quick quotes vellum quote-480
Here’s a closer look at the vellum quote from the Quick Quotes Inspiration Itty Bitty Box. I just trimmed it and added it to a layer of the primrose paper. The paper is decorative enough that you can’t even see my adhesive behind the quote.


I used the following Products to complete this card.
dcwv primrose stack
DCWV Primrose Stack
bc roses n ribbonds-200
PCW BC Rose n Ribbon Digi Stamp
inspiration
QQ Inspiration Quotes
Z2171-saddle-150
CTMH Saddle Ink Pad
chestnut roan
Chestnut Roan Cat’s Eye Chalk Ink
Z1297-edge distresser
CTMH Edge Distresser
crystal stickles
Crystal Stickles
bisque
Bisque Liquid Pearls
HA-16 7-8 satin ribbon
May Arts Olive Satin Ribbon
butterfly33
MS Butterfly Punch
martha-stewart-large-craft-punch-monarch-butterfly-20810-p
MS Monarch Butterfly Punch
Copic Markers:
RV02RV23R20G24G40
Pink, Kraft and White Cardstock
Misc. Paper Doily


I am entering this card in the following challenges-link ups:
Shabby Tea Room: Sketch

Word Art Wednesday: Anything Goes
Stampavie and More: Pearls n Swirls
The Sisterhood of Crafters: Anything Goes
Nutcrackers: Hand Colored Image
Lady Anne’s Challenges: Anything Goes
Inky Impressions: Sparkle and Glitter
Inklings & Yarns: Link A Project
Crafting By Design: Anything with Ribbon and Lace
Addicted To Stamps: Anything Goes
7 Kids College Fund: Anything Goes
Top Tip: Flowers
Through The Craft Room Door: Anything Goes
Flourishes: Pearls and Lace

Well, I think that’s about it for today. Thank you once again for stopping by and
sharing your crafty time with me! Be sure to come back by tomorrow as Designer Sandy shares another Fabulous Friday Digi creation with us!


1 comment:

  1. Wow, this is a very beautiful card Melin! Love the papers you used here!
    Hugs,
    Sandy.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking a moment to comment. It is truly appreciated. Please be sure to head over to our
Facebook Page: PCW On Facebook
And Don't Forget To Stop By The Shop: PaperCraftingWorld.com
-Melin