Hi, it's Jenny with my next card share!
Meet Carmelita! She is the second file in the Chico and Carmelita set. My last project was Chico and this adorable female Chihuahua is Carmelita.
Here's how to make the card!
1. Open up your Silhouette program and purchase design 42687 from Lori Whitlock. Cut out your card in red. The card opens up the size you need so don't adjust anything. Add paper to your mat and cut out the base card only.
2. Change the paper on the mat to your favorite dog paper for the background. Mine was from Creative Imaginations by Samantha Walker. I welded the square base to the bottom border to make one solid background for the front of the card. Don't forget to make the top 1/8 inch larger to replace the over lapping weld. See below:
3. Make sure you also cut out the two side panels if you want them to match your base paper. If not, change out your paper and cut side panels.
4. Set that aside for now. On to the dog. Arrange all the pieces of Carmelita on your mat and assemble the dog in your program. Over lap where you would normally glue. Then select the whole image and size the dog to 4.5 inches, this includes the top of her ears. Select the whole dog and make a 1/8 inch shadow around her and cut out of black.
5. Disassemble the dog and place each puppy part in groups by color. Cut out the puppy parts with the colors you would like her to be. Ink the edges of all the cut pieces with Distress Inks. Use inks that are a shade darker then the paper you used to shadow.
6. Assemble the dog and add any details you would like to embellish. I used a rhinestone on the collar and some Wink of Stella on the bow and flower charm on the collar.
7. Add base papers to card and pop up Carmelita with foam squares. I added some extra embellishments on my card with stickers from Karen Foster Design Love my Dog #10475 and Sandy Lion stickers Dog Phrase.
There are a few days left to join us for this week's challenge.
You can get the details and add your project HERE
I hope you enjoyed my fun, card. Be sure to stop by my blog for more fun projects, HERE. Until the next time,
Don't Forget To Sign Up For My Newsletter To Receive
The Subscriber Only FREEBIES and other exclusive info!