Hello crafty friends!
This is Jenny Fruchey with my first post as designer for Paper Craft World. I love this Chihuahua set! This is also a September Challenge. The challenge is: Anything Goes. The Twist: Use a digital or stamped image.
Making the Card:
- Cut the pieces of the Chihuahua out with your favorite die cutting machine. I used my Silhouette Cameo.
- Ink all the pieces with Distress Inks. Whatever paper you use, choose an ink to match. The papers I used were Recollections from Michaels. Assemble the dog and glue together.
- Cut your backing paper to fit a 5x7 card base. I used a bone pattern from Die Cuts with a View (DCWV) paper pad called "The Pets Stack." Attach your base paper to your card base with an ATG tape gun or any tape runner.
- Cut a piece of 3.5x5 inch piece of paper and use a corner chomper to round the corners. My dog names paper was from DCWV "The Pets Stack." I am not sure this is still available so use any papers you think would go with your card.
- For your border strip, cut a 2x7 inch piece of solid brown paper as your base and layer a 1.5x7 inch piece of decorative paper over it. My puppy paw print paper was from a 8.5x8.5 inch paper pad by daisy hill called "Top Dog."
- Attach a ribbon to the border strip and adhere to card with tape. Tie the bow separately and use glue dots to attach the bow.
- Now for the twist, which is optional. In Microsoft Word, type "Ruff Day" about an inch tall. Then use the stamp and die set from Lawn Fawn "A Birdie Told Me" to stamp the talk bubble in Versa Fine around the word group and cut it out with the matching die set.
- Attach the die cut of the dog and the talk bubble with 3D foam tape. You are done!
Don’t forget about the special we are having right now. Celebrating our NEW Design Team. ALL orders are a whopping 55% off. No minimum purchase required.
AND Don’t forget to do a little project and add it to our MONTH LONG Challenge! You could win a very nice prize. It is easy, peasy to enter!!! CLICK HERE for the details.
Don't Forget To Sign Up For My Newsletter To Receive
The Subscriber Only FREEBIES and other exclusive info!