Monday, September 21, 2015

To The Stars and Back


Hi Crafty Friends,
It's Larelyn from Handmade From My Heart.
Today I'm sharing one of PCW's card kit files, Card Basics Stars - Dots.  If you love mats when creating your cards, this set is for you.  It would also be a great resource for page layouts.
Here's my card:


This set comes with two scalloped mats, the dot overlay, 5 different sizes of rectangle mats (I didn't use all of them) and, of course, the stars. I layered some of the stars and popped them up.  I also placed dimensionals under the green scallop mat.   The file was so easy to work with.  The mats in the file are colored so that when you're working with them you can see how the layers are going to stack.  I changed the colors on my Silhouette screen to the card stock colors I was using and it was super simple to see how my finished project would look.  Also included is a jpeg of the completed card.  I always drag the jpeg into my program so that I have a visual of the finished project right there on my screen for reference.

The sentiment is stamped and then heat embossed with clear embossing powder so that it stands out on the patterned paper.  It's from the Superstar set by Jaded Blossom.  

 I hope you're enjoying getting to meet all of the PCW designers.  Be sure to visit Paper Crafting World and sign up for the newsletter.  There's always a freebie for newsletter subscribers.  And, don't forget to check out our Facebook page.

Finally,  don’t forget to do a little project and add it to our MONTH LONG Challenge! You could win a very nice prize. It is easy, peasy to enter!!! CLICK HERE for the details.
september base-600c

Thanks so much for stopping in. 


Discover Creative Freedom 300x250

Don't Forget To Sign Up For My Newsletter To Receive
The Subscriber Only FREEBIES and other exclusive info!


4 comments:

  1. Love your card and the perfect stamp for it. Such a great file and pretty papers you used.

    ReplyDelete
  2. THis is so gorgeous Larelyn. The layers give so much more dimension.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking a moment to comment. It is truly appreciated. Please be sure to head over to our
Facebook Page: PCW On Facebook
And Don't Forget To Stop By The Shop: PaperCraftingWorld.com
-Melin