Friday, June 17, 2016

BBQ Dad Step Card by Sharon

Hey there my crafty friends, Sharon here from A Piece Of (my) Heart blog.  I’m super excited to share my very first card as a new member of the PCW Design Team.  Since Father’s Day is this weekend, I thought I’d share a card made just for the Dad’s out there.
My card features the King Of The Grill digi file.

BBQ Dad withoutVignette

I started out by cutting the centre step card base.  I used a template and my Cricut cutting machine to make it a little easier.  All the cut and score lines are already measured out and all I have to worry about is folding it. 
close up BBQ Dad

I printed the BBQ and Bear and then cut them with my Cricut. Easy Peesy!
I used Google’s advanced search (filtering the usage rights to images labeled for non-commercial reuse) and found a few pieces of clipart to add to the backyard scene.  Although the PCW pieces were already colored, I used my Copics to go over everything and added a little texture and highlights to some areas. 


That’s it for me.  I hope you enjoyed my first card as a new PCW DT member.  If you’d like to learn how to make a basic centre-step card, click HERE for written directions.  If you are more of a visual learner, click HERE.
I would love it if you would take a minute to stop by my blog where you can see another great card I made using a Paper Crafting World file.  Don’t forget to check out the Paper Crafting World store to find this and many more great files.
bear half for sign-50off-350

join us on fb post 650
sharon post name label-png

3 comments:

  1. Sharon, this is the just cutest father's day card! Love the center-step card! (just saw a blog hop featuring that technique somewhere...oh, that's right, we were in it ;-) I never thought to use Copics over print and cut images...it really would give it more depth and dimension. Great idea to look for free clip art to accessorize...and accessorize you did! This is one well stocked BBQ! Just one question, where's my invitation? This is one BBQ I wouldn't want to miss!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!! What a great card! So much fun going on here and so much to see! Just love it! Thanks for the instructions!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking a moment to comment. It is truly appreciated. Please be sure to head over to our
Facebook Page: PCW On Facebook
And Don't Forget To Stop By The Shop: PaperCraftingWorld.com
-Melin