Saturday, June 25, 2016

Classic Dad card by Janet

Hello there. It is Janet here again from My Cards for You with another post for the PCW Design Team.

Today, I would like to showcase the True Classic car file designed by Melinda at Paper Crafting World. I think the file is more designed as a scrapbooking file, but I decided to try to make a card with it and I am quite pleased with the end result.

I first took the file into SCAL4 and made a shadow layer with the original image. The shadow layer is almost 1/2" bigger than the image.

I then duplicated the shadow image and flipped one of the shadow layers, centred both shadow layers then joined the two by overlapping the images and welding together.

I then imported both images into Design Space and sized both to the desired width. As it is not a tall card, you can size it to be a wider card - as wide as you like depending on the suzed envelope you want to use!

I added the Dad layer by typing Dad and creating a shadow layer for that - using a font that has a shadow layer. I offset the top layer to create more dimension for the word.

Creating a card  using a file such as this is very easy, but you do need to have another program to help create the shadow layer. I use SCAL4 most of the time to do this, but you can use MTC or a free program such as Inkscape. All of these programs will create an svg file that can then be imported into Design Space for cutting with the Cricut Explore.

Please do go over to the shop and check out the gorgeous cards and other cutting files available from Paper Crafting World. Don't forget about our every day 50% off code too!




Discover Creative Freedom 300x250

Don't Forget To Sign Up For My Newsletter To Receive
The Subscriber Only FREEBIES and other exclusive info!




1 comment:

Thank you for taking a moment to comment. It is truly appreciated. Please be sure to head over to our
Facebook Page: PCW On Facebook
And Don't Forget To Stop By The Shop: PaperCraftingWorld.com
-Melin