Monday, July 18, 2016

Refreshing! Card and Tutorial by Kim

Hi!  It's Kim from Katydid Cards with you today.  Another theme here at Paper Crafting World this month is Summer Food & Beverages, so I decided to work with this adorable Lemonade Stand Boy CF.  This file was just the ticket for my card; but it does double-duty, working perfectly for a scrapbook layout as well.  As the title implies...it's very refreshing!  I'll share my card with you first and then tell you a bit about how it came together.


Doesn't he just make you smile?  

This is a Swing Easel Card.  I found the original tutorial on-line for the square version, but I wanted to make it into a 5" x 7" because I wanted to make the lemonade stand large enough to appreciate.  Here's how I cut it so I was able to use only one sheet of 8 1/2" x 11 card stock.  You can see it's in two pieces and I attached it on the back of the card with double-sided tape.  I have the full-sized template on my Hints, Tips & Tutorials page together with measurements for mats; the square version is there, too.

Refreshing

Here's another view from the side, so you can see how the focal image "swings" back from the easel portion of the card for a clever look...and I just love the peek-a-boo greeting it creates (which I'll show you a bit further down).


I used digital paper which was the perfect complement to this cut file as it's all about lemonade and it was also a match to the Bazzill Onion Skin card stock...talk about serendipity!


I used the lemons to be a place to prop the easel and added a few extra behind it to keep it from sliding back.  The lemonade stand/swing piece is held in place between the greeting and sentiment which were also matted on the blue card stock.  Here's the peek-a-book greeting:

 

And here's the inside of the card showing the sentiment.


 The card lies flat for mailing as shown here.



I hope you've enjoyed seeing how this card came together and are inspired to try a swing easel card of your own.  If you do, please share it with me so I can showcase it on my blog.  If you like this file, you can get it in the store and there's a sale going on right now!

See you next time with a new project!




Please do go over to the shop and check out the gorgeous cards and other cutting files available from Paper Crafting World. Don't forget about our every day 50% off code too!




Discover Creative Freedom 300x250

Don't Forget To Sign Up For My Newsletter To Receive
The Subscriber Only FREEBIES and other exclusive info!





5 comments:

  1. Awesome card, Kim! Thanks for including the instructions for swing cards.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have the cut file if you want it, Sharon. It's a .studio file.

      Delete
  2. Oh my, this is just fabulous. I've not seen this particular style of swing card and I love it. You've chosen the perfect file to create this amazing card.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Larelyn. I agree, when I saw this adorable image I knew this would be a perfect card base for it.

      Delete

Thank you for taking a moment to comment. It is truly appreciated. Please be sure to head over to our
Facebook Page: PCW On Facebook
And Don't Forget To Stop By The Shop: PaperCraftingWorld.com
-Melin