Monday, August 15, 2016

Chalkboard Card


Hi folks, it's Kim from Katydid Cards and it's my turn to post on the blog today and I brought you a card made with the adorable Chalkboard Card cut file.   This file is perfect for "back to school" which will be here in the blink of an eye.  My mother used to say back to school time came at the dismay of kids and to the delight of parents everywhere!  Before I talk about how it came together, here's my card:




All too often when making cards on my Silhouette, I pay little attention to the dimensions of cut files.  I presume they're going to be A2 sized.  Such was the case with this card, which turned out to be note card sized or even a bit smaller.  As a side note, I tend to do the same thing when I purchase tchotchkes through a catalog...I never look at the size and there are times, when I open the package, I'm stunned and not in a good way, at the actual size.  (If you click on the link, you will be taken to the Urban Dictionary just in case tchotchkes is not a familiar word to you.) 

But...back to this card, this little surprise was serendipitous as it will work perfectly as a little lunchbox note!   What an adorable way to help your student usher in a new school year.

I used Brushed Silver, Creamy Caramel, Pool Party and White cardstock and scraps for the ABC's.  I used a digital ABC paper for the bottom of the card and ran some color coordinated Washi Tape across the middle.  I placed an appropriate greeting on the chalkboard.  I dusted it lightly with an Embossing Buddy to give it a realistic look.





To create the sentiment inside I used the note paper from the front of the card and used an digital greeting to compliment the greeting.





On my blog, I have another version of this card showing just how versatile this card can be.  I enlarged the card to the standard 5 1/2" x 4 1/4" size.  I combined it with another PCW file, Chalkboard Word Art Set, which is a perfect companion to the chalkboard card. 


I hope I've inspired you to try working with one of Paper Crafting World's many cut or print files.  They are great fun and you can make some wonderfully creative projects with them.  Right now you can take advantage of a great sale...purchase $10.00 in product and get a 50% discount with this code.  What are you waiting for??





You might want to pop on over to the store to check out the fabulous files. Some are on sale and there’s a 50% discount on orders over $10.00…that’s HALF PRICE!




Discover Creative Freedom 300x250

Don't Forget To Sign Up For My Newsletter To Receive
The Subscriber Only FREEBIES and other exclusive info!



And don’t forget to check out our Facebook page!

2 comments:

Thank you for taking a moment to comment. It is truly appreciated. Please be sure to head over to our
Facebook Page: PCW On Facebook
And Don't Forget To Stop By The Shop: PaperCraftingWorld.com
-Melin