Wednesday, April 26, 2017

Spring is Sure to Come by Kim

Hi, It's Kim from Katydid Cards.  Today for my Design Team post I'm using the Butterfly n' Flourish Cut File.  I decided to use it a bit differently and make the card into a shaker.  Here's my card:



As I wanted the colors to be soft and subtle, so I opted to water-color the front panel and flourish. Behind the shaker, I colored another piece of card stock with a slightly darker green for contrast.  To set the shaker window off, I attached the butterfly outline cut from card stock and embossed.



The shaker contents are resin backed flowers which are the perfect accent to the butterfly.  What says Spring more than butterflies and flowers, right?

Inside the card, I used a sentiment I found on Pinterest and typed it with the Alex Brush font in green.  As an accent, I took the outline of the butterfly, converted it to print only in the same Regal Rose color as the card base.



A simple card, but a nice way to wish someone a happy spring!  Don't forget to check out Paper Crafting World's cut files and printables.  There's a sale right now...if you spend $10.00, you get 50% off by using the code provided.  Half price!  I like that!




And do come visit us on FaceBook as well!  

https://www.facebook.com/PaperCraftingWorld/

If you'd like more details about this card, please visit me at my blog.  If you do, please be sure to say, "hello".


2 comments:

  1. This is so sweet, Kim, and I love the idea of the shaker card.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking a moment to comment. It is truly appreciated. Please be sure to head over to our
Facebook Page: PCW On Facebook
And Don't Forget To Stop By The Shop: PaperCraftingWorld.com
-Melin