Friday, May 26, 2017

Birthday Bear by Scrapping for Tranquility

Hello Paper Crafting World! 
 
This is Christi from Scrapping for Tranquility https://tranquility1905.blogspot.com/ . I have been honored by Melinda to Guest Design for this month and if you missed my first post, please scroll back to the 5th of May and visit that one. If not, let me start my next and final post for the month.

I shared with you a layout last post and decided I wanted to share a card this time. What better than a Birthday card? I found this ADORABLE file called Bear with Cake Girl that was absolutely perfect for a birthday card.


I started with cutting the File out on my Cameo then chalk-inking it all with my Prima Chalk edgers and Versamagic Dewdrop Chalk Inks. I use a mix of them both, depending on the colors I have . I then cut my base of my card in a 6X6 out of AC Cardstock . I only use AC Cardstock. It is a heavier weight, doesn't rip or bleed when inking like a lot of the lighter cardstock. Then I decided on a layout for my card, Pieced my piecing together and glued it all down. I used Ribbon by Offray .


To top everything off, my daughter and her girlfriend said they thought the cake needed a candle on it so I made a candle in Sure cuts a lot 4 Pro. Then to give the cake a little sparkle, I topped the icing off in Glossy Accents. It is hard to get a picture of it but in this photo you can see it a bit on the top layer. In person it looks really nice. I then added the three hot set gems and I called it finished.

I have truly enjoyed myself this month and hope you all enjoyed my projects. If you want to visit me and see my other work, Please stop by my blog at:https://tranquility1905.blogspot.com/ or my fanpage at: https://www.facebook.com/ScrappingForTranquility/   

Blessings,
 
 

2 comments:

  1. Cuter than cute is this birthday bear! And that cake...looks good enough to eat. Just love your color combinations here and the design as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How ADORABLE Christi!!! Thank you so much for joining us. Your work is truly wonderful!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking a moment to comment. It is truly appreciated. Please be sure to head over to our
Facebook Page: PCW On Facebook
And Don't Forget To Stop By The Shop: PaperCraftingWorld.com
-Melin