Wednesday, May 24, 2017

The Grad by Kim

Hi!  It's Kim from Katydid Cards with you today.

Graduations will be happening soon, so I decided to share a card I made using The Grad Title CF.  Here's my card:




Despite the fact that this cut file is designed as a scrapbook title, it's pretty easy to turn it into a card.  I mirrored the large mat and welded them together to create the base.  I cut a single mat the second time to place on top as I prefer the look to a "flat top" where the card folds.

I used some very old card stock to cut the pieces.  It's Bazzill card stock for the base and the title, but I don't know the names of the colors.  The cap is Basic Gray by Stampin' Up.

To create the card base, I centered a dashed line in the center of the card as my score line.  I made a second copy of the card base and made a compound path in the modify window.  This enables me to do an internal offset to use as a mat for the sentiment inside the card.  I played around with various fonts to come up with something to match the front.



Hope this gives you a bit of inspiration to make the cards for the graduates in your life!  If you get the chance, come and visit me at Katydid Cards.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking a moment to comment. It is truly appreciated. Please be sure to head over to our
Facebook Page: PCW On Facebook
And Don't Forget To Stop By The Shop: PaperCraftingWorld.com
-Melin